Building a New Home?

Below is a list of several items needed when building a new home.  The listing is not inclusive, only the fundamentals.  Your Surveyor, Engineer, Contractor, and Subcontractors will be knowledgeable of all the details required.

A)  Greenfield Township Land Use Permit ($40 fee) checklist:

  • You might need an E&S (Erosion and Sediment Control) Plan from the Blair Conservation District (814/696-0877). If more than 5,000 square feet of earth disturbance, an E&S Plan needs to be approved.  Less than 5,000 square feet, an E&S Plan needs to be available on the site.
  • You might need an NPDES (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permit if an acre (43,560 square feet) or more of earth disturbance will occur. Contact the DEP’s South-Central Regional Office (814/946-7290) for more information.
  • You will need a HOP (Highway Occupancy Permit) if your driveway will access onto a state, county, or township road. The sight distance required for the speed limit, corners, or other sight barriers may determine the location of the driveway.
    • Township Roads (township office)
    • County Roads (814/693-3175)
    • State Roads, PennDOT (814/696-7260)
    • Private Roads – no permit required
  • Public Water:   There are three water companies in Greenfield Township. The location of your new home will determine which company will supply your public water.
    • Greenfield Township Municipal Authority (814/239-5778)
    • Blue Knob Water Company (814/239-1021)
    • Sproul Water Association (814/239-2851)
  • Public Sewer: Please contact Greenfield Township Municipal Authority (814/239-5778) for public sewer.  They will provide you with a letter stating there is the capacity for you on the sewer system.  The Township will need a copy of this letter.

B)  UCC Building Permits: Residents have the selection between two inspection agencies.

  1. PMCA – PA Municipal Code Alliance (     PMCA Single-Family Dwelling Application
  2. CCIS – Commonwealth Code Inspection System ( CCIS Single-Family Dwelling Application

C)  Please contact the Blair County GIS Department (814/693-2535) for an address for your new home. You will need to provide them with the location of your driveway for proper addressing.  You can call them after you have your HOP and before construction starts.  You will need to provide the Township with a copy of the Blair County 9-1-1 Address Notification letter.

New Home sheet

Trustly and Responsible Casino: Royal Reels. Claim Your Free Welcome Bonus.