Burn Ban Lifted
The Board of Supervisors lifted the Burn Ban at the April 7th meeting. The Supervisors urge residents to take extra precautions when burning. Please follow these precautions:
- Only burn on non-windy days and when ground cover is not dry.
- Have a water source available.
- Call 911’s Controlled Burn number (814/940-5950) before you burn brush and when done burning. This is important if someone calls in a possible fire that is someone burning brush.
- Burn in a contained area that must be to DEP’s standards, such as a metal barrel or cement ring with a screen on top to keep burning embers from flying out.
- Do not leave the fire unattended. Have a source of water and a rake available in case the fire spreads.
- If the fire does spread, immediately call 911. The sooner the fire department is notified, the faster the fire will be appropriately extinguished and damaged kept to a minimum.
- Burn only permitted materials. You cannot burn structures; they must be removed and hauled away.