Township Building Permits

You have read the Building Permits – Overview section and are ready to get your Township Building Permit.  The township building permit will be for a lot of the improvements or alterations to your property that are under a 1,000 square feet.  A Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (UCC) permit is needed for projects in the floodplain area, or a project that will be attached to a home, or involves a manufactured home or is over 1,000 square feet.  Some projects, but not limited to, that need a township building permit are:

  • storage sheds including utility buildings & greenhouses
  • fence under 6′ high panels
  • change shingled roof to a metal roof
  • change metal roof to a shingled roof
  • 20′ x 30′ detached garage (must be at least 10′ away from house)
  • walking deck under 30″ high, not attached to the house
  • replace doors or windows with different size – smaller or larger in size
  • adding a ramp under 30″ high

Minor property changes do not need a building permit.  UCC (Uniform Construction Code) defines minor changes as “replacement of existing work with equivalent materials for routine maintenance and upkeep.”  Replacing the siding on your home would qualify as a minor change.

The Greenfield Township Building Permit Application will need to include a site plan.  Drawing your own site plan is easier than you might expect.  It does not need to be professionally prepared and can be hand drawn.  There is more information in the Site Plan section to help you create your own site plan.

Approved applications will receive a permit card (a yellow placard) to post during the project.  A window that faces the main road is a good location to post the permit.  Projects need to start within 6 months of the permit date and be completed within 12 months.  There is a $40.00 township fee to obtain the permit.

Demolition or removal of structures will need a permit, as well.  There is no charge for the township’s demo permit.  However, the building permit application will need to be approved and posted before demolition or removal can begin.

Note:  Renters can be the applicant for a building permit.  The application and permit will need to the have the property owner’s signature.

Trustly and Responsible Casino: Royal Reels. Claim Your Free Welcome Bonus.